I imagine you've heard about the ever growing eye candy site called Pinterest by now. If not, here are a few fantastic articles by cool mom picks, snap! retail & copyblogger that will get you up to speed.
There are MANY ways this site can be used to benefit your business, (as the articles above address) however it also can be a great tool for finding fabulous content to post on your facebook page.
Your store is a reflection of you. So if your customers love the goodies you offer in your shop, they more than likely would also love to see... what inspires you, what makes you laugh, what foods make you drool, what tips you find helpful and so on. Wonderful images & links to these types of things are plentiful on Pinterest.
If you find your facebook updates aren't getting many likes or comments, it may be because you aren't even showing up in some of your fan's feeds. Social Media Examiner does a great job of explaining how this happens. One thing you can do to help gain better exposure is posting items that will receive higher levels of interaction.
And this is where the gold mine of Pinterest comes into play.
1. Photos & sayings that make people laugh really encourage interaction & sharing.
2. Inspirational quotes or sayings are another way to encourage shares & likes.
3. Delicious recipes are also fun to weave in the mix. Just post the link from where the image is found & your fans can visit the blog or website that lists how to make the tasty treat.
You can also use these recipes in your emails. I posted the image & link to this caramel cream cheese apple flower recipe in an email right before Thanksgiving weekend & it got really high link open rates!
4. Helpful tips or clever ideas are always appreciated.
I plan on using this gem once all our spring scarves are on display. (yes, you can pin videos too!)
5. Seasonal ideas keep your content current & fresh.
6. Give your customers free printables to use. There are loads of talented graphic designers & artists that offer up adorable gift tags, note cards, lovely labels, sweet sayings & more! Just post the link from where the printable is found & your fans can visit the blog or website to print it.
7. Another way to get a lot of comments coming your way is to post a photograph & ask your fans to 'caption it'. Animal photos work great for this.
I hope some of these ideas will get your fans liking, commenting & sharing your posts with their circle of friends. We invite you to follow catching fireflies on Pinterest & like our facebook page to see how we engage & get new firefly fans daily.